Thursday, October 11, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

*~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~*
Every Thursday, at Like Mother, Like Daughter!

{pretty}


 We had dinner guests on Sunday. I wanted to make chicken since we get such lovely birds at the Farmer's Market. I also wanted to follow a recipe and have them turn out like a proper roasted chicken. (Mine don't always end up with a perfectly flavored, crispy skin.) The picture does not do them justice! They were amazing! The breast meat had a subtle taste of lemon, and the skin was deliciously crispy. The recipe can be found here: Lemon Garlic Roasting Chicken. It is definitely on my list to make again. On the side we had roasted kohlrabi, and our friends brought homemade coleslaw, which was wonderful.

{happy}

Egg and Nut Free Pumpkin Spice Coconut Macaroons - Little Pieces of Happiness for Your Mouth.
 Does anyone else love pumpkin? I really love pumpkin. So does Jenni at The Urban Poser. She has a bunch of Paleo pumpkin recipes. So far I've made her 'Real Pumpkin' Spice Steamer/Latte, Almond Flour Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Loaf, Pumpkin, Bacon, and Chive Coconut Flour Biscuits, and Egg and Nut Free Pumpkin Spice Coconut Macaroons. They have all been tested on Zach, as well as some family and friends, and have been highly complimented. One thing I love about eating Paleo is that it is so allergy friendly. I made the macaroons on Sunday, because the mom is allergic to dairy and eggs. She doesn't often get to have dessert for that reason. (Which is so sad to me...we don't eat refined sugar hardly ever, but I would miss my maple syrup/honey treats!)

 {funny}

Modeling his new potty chair. He is such a ham!
Tony has finally started waking up dry in the morning. In an effort to improve my chances of early potty training, I got him a potty chair. He's used it twice so far. He's not always a fan of sitting on it, but sitting on the big toilet was definitely not working out for us.

{real}

Daddy and Tony reading Find the Bird.
At nearly 15 months, Tony finally likes sitting to read. He doesn't last a long time, but he knows what books are, and he likes to sit with you and look at them. I love it. Zach will say, "Come read with Daddy" and he goes toddling over to him. It makes my Mama's heart melt. He says a lot of words now. Not all of them are perfectly clear, but I know what he's saying. He understands so much, too, it really blows my mind sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. Those chickens are awesome, I could smell em through the computer screen...lol. Isn't it so cool watching our littles grow?? God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicken looks amazing! And I am eager to try the macaroons. The pic of Tony on his potty is hilarious - Teddy commented that it was "funny". And the one of Zach with Tony is precious! Can't wait to kiss those little sweet cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chickens look really good! And Tony looks super cute<3 Tell Zach I said Hi!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting notes! If you comment anonymously, please at least leave a nickname!