Thursday, February 2, 2012

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

 Happy Candlemas!

{pretty}

Yesterday was Monica's 5th birthday. She is our "Valentine baby." The haircut is new - last week she took shears to her already short hair and completely destroyed it. The headband is a lifesaver for making her look like a little girl.

{happy}



I am so excited about this. My Mom gave me a china cabinet a while ago and has been keeping it for me until I have room. While browsing Like Mother, Like Daughter I came across a dresser that Rosie refinished for her husband. I've had a bee in my bonnet since then to make over furniture. I'm almost done sanding, then it's primer, fill in the ridges on the drawers, drill holes for knobs. I bought Dove White paint, and will replace the ugly brown stuff on the door with glass. I can't wait to be in a house where I can actually use it!

{funny}

"Can I hold Tony?" I think he's getting a little too big to be held by his smaller aunts and uncles.

{real}


He was looking up at me and got the funniest little grin on his face. I love my boy.


round button chicken

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Monica! Tony doesn't look too sure about being held by her, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet children! Happy birthday to Monica! The china cabinet will look great when you are finished. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your {funny} is pretty funny! Also, good going on your cabinet - how exciting. I'm sure it'll be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all great! The pic of Aunty Monkey is too funny, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last picture!!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting notes! If you comment anonymously, please at least leave a nickname!