It has finally started warming up! Slowly, very slowly, but I will take whatever I can get. Tony has been enjoying being able to go outside and play, which makes me happy, too. I have even managed to get laundry out on the line a few times! I put Evie's diapers out there twice and actually noticed a difference in the stains (the bad ones are from the few weeks that Tony used them). I was so pleased.
Finals officially started yesterday, but last week felt like finals because of that physics test Zach had to take. Praise the Lord, he passed it, which eliminates one extra aggravation, though another one has since cropped up.
I hate ranting again, but part of my ranting is educational for anyone who isn't familiar with acupuncture degrees...
There are two degrees offered in acupuncture - the MSA (Master of Science in Acupuncture) and the MSAOM (Master of Science in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine). The Oriental Medicine part is the use of Chinese herbs.
There is only one person who has graduated with the DC and the full MSAOM from here. (Ironically, his name was also Zac.) It is a ton of work, and can be really difficult to coordinate class schedules from both programs, so most DC students just do the acupuncture. Zach started the MSA in September, and began the herbs part in January. Last week he was informed that he can't continue the herbs portion unless he modifies his DC schedule, pushing his transition to clinic back another trimester.
What?!
Last trimester it was supposed to all be worked out for him to take a couple of classes the tri after his DC class is taking them. They aren't necessary to him entering clinic, and the dean said they would accommodate him - as they should, given that he is one of their best students, and one of the only people who actually has enough drive to do it all. So he has spent a whole trimester working hard in this herbs class, only to find out two weeks before the tri ends that it has either been completely in vain, or he has to essentially take a tri off of the DC to continue (which he isn't going to do, because it isn't that important, but it's unbelievably maddening). He has a meeting on Thursday with the DC dean, which will hopefully be a little more enlightening. In the mean time, please say some prayers.
| Do you know what this is? |
If you guessed a sheepskin you would be right! After successfully tanning the deerskins, Zach put an ad online asking if anyone had sheepskins they would be willing to give to him. One lady emailed and said that she would have two, and if he would come get them, they were his. They are currently sitting in the chest freezer waiting until the break is over, but hopefully they will turn out well! (Don't ask me what we're going to do with them, because beyond simply using them as blankets, I'm not sure.)
Love,
Jess
So glad you posted! Love the pictures! It is hard to believe how big Evie is getting. I am so sorry about the loss of all his hard work and I can't even begin to imagine the level of frustration that y'all are feeling.
ReplyDelete